Jesus empowered the Church to continue His mission when He said,
“Full authority has been given to me both in heaven and on earth; go, therefore and make disciples of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you. And know that I am with you always, until the end of time. “(Mt. 28:18-20)
The Bahrain Malayalee Catholic Community (BMCC) under the Spiritual Director Rev: Father Saji Thomas OFM CAP has started a separate Catechism Ministry for the Malayalam Community in 2017 with an objective of inculcating the Faith Formation Principles among the children in their Mother tongue and to deepen their relationship with God who reveals himself in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Spiritual Journey is led now by Father Francis Joseph OFM CAP with a group of dedicated Catechists who strives to assist each child to
- Come to know that God is loving and caring.
- Develop an awareness of the presence of God in themselves, in others, and in all things.
- Appreciate themselves as gifts of God.
- Have a sense of belonging to the Christian community.
- Experience joy and ease in spontaneous prayer.
- Become aware of the attitudes and elements of celebration and worship.
- Develop their meditative and prayer life through constant support.
- Develop an awareness of the community of church as an important and continual support mechanism in their faith formation.
Total Student Strength : 212
Total Catechists : 25
Timings : Every Thursday 6: 45 – 8:15 pm
|1||50||4||Class Rooms no 6 & 7|
|II||45||4||Class Rooms no 1 & 2|
|III||44||2||Class Rooms no 3 & 4|
|V||17||1||Class Room no: 5|
|VI||18||1||Class Room no: 8|
First Communion Preparation Team
Children in Grade 4 are prepared for this important sacrament by experienced Catechists. Parents meet with the team to help them guide their children in preparation for the First Holy Communion in February which is received in May.
Every 2nd Saturday the catechists have a general Meeting to discuss and evaluate the process of teaching and further prepare for the upcoming programmes .
Every third Saturday the Catechists gather together in the Sacred Heart Church for a Prayer Meeting .It’s a time where all Catechists unite for Praise, Thanksgiving and sharing the Word of the God. The Prayer meeting is led by Pre -assigned Class Teachers.