- The Parish Lenten Mission in English with the theme “I will get up and go to my Father” will be held from 19th to 22nd March from 6.45 pm to 9.00 pm at the Sacred Heart Church and will be led by Fr. Joseph Edatt, VC from the Divine Retreat Centre. We encourage all parishioners to attend this mission. Priests will be available in the confessionals during the mission. Due to this mission, the regular Malayalam Mass will take place at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.
Please note that due to the Lenten Mission on Wednesday, 21st March there will only be one Mass at 6.00 pm followed by Novena. The Lenten Mission will commence after the Novena on that day.
- You may refer to the church notice board or parish website for the holy week services.
- Palm Sunday Services will be celebrated on Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March. Palms will be blessed at the outdoor stage in the Church Compound on Friday 23rd March at 6.55 am followed by the 7.00 am mass. Palms will be distributed at all the Obligation masses. On Friday, 23rd March there will be a Way of the Cross in the Church compound at 4.00 pm.
- The Holy Thursday Service on 29th March will be held at 7.00pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town.
- Good Friday is a day of Fast and Abstinence. The service on 30th March will be held at 5.00 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town. It will commence with the Way of the Cross. After the service, the first of the Nine-Days Chaplet to the Divine Mercy will be prayed. For details of the Novena on other days please refer to the notice board.
- On Saturday, 31st March, the Easter Vigil Service will commence at 7.00 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town.
- For those without transport to Isa Town, arrangements have been made for buses. Please assemble at the Bus stop near the Art and Craft Centre, Al Zubara Avenue.
On Holy Thursday, Buses will leave at 6.00 pm, 6.15 pm and 6.30 pm.
On Good Friday, Buses will leave at 4.00 pm, 4.15 pm and 4.30 pm.
On Holy Saturday, Buses will leave at 6.00 pm, 6.15 pm and 6.30 pm
- Those who have space available in their cars are requested to kindly pass by the steel gate of the church, to give people lifts on their way to Isa Town for the services.
- We will require a lot of white flowers to decorate the Altar of Repose on Holy Thursday and on Easter Sunday. Donors may bring them on the previous day to the Sacristy.
- There will be a pilgrimage to the Holy Land from 19th to 27th May. The sites include Petra in Jordan, Palestine and Israel. Those interested in joining this pilgrimage are requested to collect the form from the Parish Office and submit it before 30th March. For further details, please contact Fr. Xavier or Fr. Darrel.
- Lenten Alms Envelopes with your contributions shall be put in the boxes labeled “Lenten Alms” which are placed at the entrance of the Sacred Heart Church and the Mother Church.
FR. XAVIER M. D’SOUZA, OFM Cap.