Announcements for 7th, 8th and 9th September 2018
- The Konkani community will celebrate the Feast of the Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary, Monti Fest on Friday, 7th September at 8.30 am with the blessing of the new corn and floral offerings by children at the outdoor stage followed by the Feast Mass in Konkani at the Sacred Heart Church. Thereafter, there will be a short cultural programme and lunch at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium. Due to this mass, the regular 8.45 am English Obligation mass, will take place at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.
- The Catechism Ministry announces the Registration and Sale of Books for the Parish Children for the year 2018-2019 which will be held on Friday, 7th September in the classrooms at St. Anthony Block from 8.00 am to 12 noon- and on 14th September at the Kindergarten Block from 8.00 am to 11.00 am. Parents are kindly requested to submit the Report Card at the time of Registration. For Standard 1 and new enrollments, please submit the copy of the Baptism Certificate. It is compulsory to present the CPR of the child at the time of registration.
- The First Friday Parish Holy Hour will be held on Friday, 7th September at 3.45 pm in the Sacred Heart Church.
- The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary will be celebrated on Saturday, 8th September at the 6.30 am and 6.30 pm mass. Both the masses will be held in the Sacred Heart Church.
- On Wednesday, 12th September at 6.30 pm, there will be Pre-Baptism Seminar in the St. Claire Audio Video Room. Please bring your bible. Children are not allowed.
- The Tamil Community will celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Valankanni on Thursday, 13th September at 7.00 pm in the Sacred Heart Church. On this day, the 6.00 pm English mass will be held in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.
- On Friday, 14th September we celebrate the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross at all the masses on this day.
- Catechism Classes for Parish children from Standards 4 to 12 will begin on 14th September 2018. On this day:
Standards 4 & 5 will have Class from 7.30am to 8.40am followed by Youth Mass in Sacred Heart Church at 8.45 am
Standards 6 to 12 will have Mass at Sacred Heart church at 8:45am followed by Catechism class till 11:25 am.
- Catechism Classes for Standards 1 to 3 will commence on 21st September 2018. On this day:
Standards 1 & 2 will have the Liturgy of the Word in the Padre Pio Hall at 8:45am followed by Class until 11:15am.
Standard 3 – Children Mass at 8:45am in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium followed by Class till 11:15am
Standards 6 to 12 will have classes at 8:45am followed by Youth Mass in Sacred Heart Church at 10:30am.
Parents of children from Standards 1 to 3, please ensure that you hand over your child personally to the class teacher.
- On Friday, 14th September the English Obligation mass at 8.45 am will be held in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium.
- The 4th ISAO Conference will be held in Ras-Al-Khaimah, UAE for 3 days from 30th November to 2nd December. Those interested in taking part in this Conference are requested to collect the Registration forms from the Parish Office or Religious Gift Shop, Complete the formalities not later than 17th September and handover the Form back to the parish office. For any queries, please contact William on Mobile No. 39950798 or Victoria on WhatsappNo. 36111454.
- The August issue of the magazine, Charis Arabia, is available at the Religious Gift Corner.
- The African Community will be organizing an ‘Africa Day’ on Friday, 5th October from 8am to 12 noon in the church Compound. Major highlights of the event include the sale of African dishes and fabrics, African traditional dances and lucky dip with lots of prizes to be won. Lucky Dip tickets are already available with the various Community Coordinators. Proceeds from the event will go towards the Cathedral. For more information, please contact: Jean-Antoine Etonge on Mobile No. 33 760 796.
Fr. Xavier M. D’souza, OFM Cap.