- Please be informed that, The Christmas and New Year Mass schedule is displayed on the notice boards.
- As we are in the Season of Advent, all are invited to make your confession while the priest is available in the confessionals.
- The Advent Parish Mission in preparation for Christmas in English will be held from Monday, 18th to 20th December along with the evening mass. On 18th and 19th December it will be held during 6.00 pm mass and on 20th December during the 7.00 pm mass.
- December 20th Wednesday, is the Ordination day of Rev. Fr. Freddy D’Souza. A thanksgiving mass will be offered at 5.30 pm on that day. Let us all participate and pray for his intentions.
- There will be No Catechism classes for parish children on 22nd and 29th December.
- As Fr Gasper will be leaving Bahrain shortly, a thanksgiving mass will be offered on Friday 22 December at 5 pm at the SHC thanking God for his ministry in our parish. This will be followed by a felicitation programme at our lady of Arabia auditorium. Let us attend to show our love and gratitude to Fr Gasper.
- On Sunday, 24th December, the Christmas Night vigil solemn Service will begin at 7.15 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town with a Christmas play followed by carol singing. The vigil mass will begin at 8.15 pm.
- Flowers to decorate the Altar at Manama for Christmas and New Year services may be brought to the Sacristy on Sunday, 24th December and on Sunday, 31st December by 12 noon.
- We have made arrangements for buses to take parishioners for the vigil service from Manama to Sacred Heart School, Isa town and back. The buses will leave from the Arts and Craft Center, Al Zubara Avenue at 6.30 pm, 6.45pm and 7.00 pm. We request those who have place in their cars to pass by the Arts and Craft Center to give a lift to parishioners going for the Christmas service. \
- On Monday 25th December 2017, a free Christmas Day programme “Home away from Home,” for our parish domestic workers, will be held in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon and from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm. There will be Holy Mass followed by entertainment and distribution of Christmas gifts. Dear Parishioners, we count on your support for this event. You may offer cakes, snacks, gifts, telephone cards or cash. Cash may be handed over to the parish office.
- The Feast of St. Sebastian will be celebrated by the Malayalam Catholic community on Thursday, 28th December at 5.30 pm and on 29th December at 10.00 am at the Sacred Heart School grounds in Isa Town. All are invited to participate.
- The Christmas Dream team would like to thank the communities, supporters and parishioners for supporting us in our initiative to raise funds for the needy and poor. Parishioners who have ordered the Christmas fruit cake can now collect their cakes from Fr. Gaspar’s office. The timings for collection are as follows: Friday 15th December from 7:30 am to 11:30 am and Saturday 16th December from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- The Christmas and New Year Dinner Dance will be held on Thursday, 11th January at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium from 7.30 pm to 12.00 midnight. The price is BD 5/- per person inclusive of dinner. Tickets are available with all Community Co-ordinators.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY ONLY
- December 17th Sunday, is the Ordination day of Fr. Charbel Fayad. A thanksgiving mass will be offered at 5.30 pm on that day. Let us participate and pray for his intentions.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FRIDAY ONLY
- In preparation for Christmas, a Dawn Mass will be celebrated in Tagalog, every morning at 4.30 am commencing from Saturday, 16th December to Sunday, 24th December.
FR. XAVIER D’SOUZA, OFM CAP.